Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Truth hurts!

Mikaku restaurant used to own by Japanese well trained sushi chef. He sold the place and went back Japan for good. I was there for a few times but he was quite nice guy. I miss the man.
So, I checked Yelp to see if some one wrote about the new Mikaku, and I found that new owner's daughter's comment to a few people who gave new Mikaku 1 star complaining the food and service.
The owner's daughter's comments are really nasty attacking reviewers sayin' Do not come!

I was thinking that Yelp User Support should do something about the owner.

But nothing going on.

So, I decided to write about it. But my review is flagged by Yelp community.

This is the review.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Nobu,

I'm writing to let you know about our decision to remove your review update of Mikaku Restaurant. Your review was flagged by the Yelp community, and our Support team has determined that it falls outside our review update guidelines (
http://www.yelp.com/faq#great_review) because it does not contain a new firsthand experience with the business.

Thank you for keeping our Review Guidelines as you participate on the site. See you on Yelp!

Regards,
Lucy
Yelp User Support
San Francisco, California


Removed Review:
OUTRAGE.
THIS IS OUTRAGE!
Get this.
"ay bit*h dont be taking sh*t about my moms restaurant. better not step into her place again before i fu*k you up. she works hard to run the da*n place and if u dont own a da*n restaurant dont be even talking sh*t if you dont even know wassup about how u run a da*n place. if i see you, you done with. bit*h a*s c*nt."

This is a message from the Mikaku's new owner's daughter to Bee T!
Mikaku has new ower.
see Bee T's original Yelp review.
http://www.yelp.com/bi...

If the owner's daughter is really thinking about her mom's restaurant, she should listen carefully to all negative reviews and find out what's going on FIRST instead of fightin' back to their customers.
In the end, the customer is really the most important part of any business.

I got plenty of nasty messages from owners of restaurants that I gave bad reviews but the message to Bee T is the most outrageous, brutal and disgusting.

But Bee T's reviews are not as bad as mine even though I gave 1 star review, mine was decent and not offensive.

Mikaku used to be owned by a good Japanese chef. I was there often. My old review was 4 star.
But the owner has changed. Now under new management.

Who wants to go here getting that kind of message?
I won't.
Would you?

Be aware when reviewing it because you'll get blackmail like that.
The fact is, the place is as bad as the message.

From Ken K.:
"That is just unbelieveable. First you have that kaitzensushi place I reviewed that plagiarized Koo's specialty word for word, picture, description, and now some assclown threatening people over bad review. It's harsh for some people dealing with reality but still that's just fucked up."

Akiko T. said:
"Oh my effing god! I cannot believe such a nasty, hateful, immature letter."

Lisa W. said:
"OoohhhKAY! So that's a NO GO to that joint!"

Andrew C. said:
"that is just so wrong!!"

Euge said,
"wow. thats crazy!"

Kleen F said:
"Why are Toro's photos still on their site when his photos are of the *previous* owner's creations!? It's just not right!"

That's right! The pictures are not new owners food at all.

Steve L. said,
"Definitely an immature response from the owner's kid. Did more harm than good. I'll remember this place for sure."

Lolia S. said,
"That kid is an idiot...all businesses need to be able to handle some criticism and his response is just retarded!"

Arissa C. said:
"Horrid and Rude = out of business!"

I agree with all above.

We are the world, we are the Yelper!

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to look at the Miraku reviews again - I didn't realize the owner's stupid daughter was leaving mean comments.

    ReplyDelete